STAY ACTIVE and INDEPENDENT FOR LIFE with help from free SAIL classes
RSVP of North Central Washington works with community organizations in the six counties we cover to offer free S.A.I.L. (Stay Active and Independent for Life) classes. SAIL classes are low-impact exercise classes focused on fall prevention.
- Every 19 minutes, an older adult (age 65+) dies from a fall!
- Every 11-seconds an older adult is treated in an emergency room for a fall-related injury!
- Fall prevention programs help seniors develop strength and balance to reduce falls.
Below is a list of the current classes, meeting times, and locations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to confirm your class in advance. Please feel free to join a class, there is no charge to participate.
Other Benefits Shared to us by Participants:
- I have less leg cramps
- Better Balance
- Getting strength back in my legs
- Get down on the floor and play with grandkids and get back up
- Can walk further and take the stairs more
- Better posture
- Load dishwasher and put dishes away
- Walk my dog
- Increased flexibility
- Lowered blood pressure with no change in weight
- Knee pain is gone
- Free classes
- Socialization/New Friends